By Nassef Manabilang Adiong
Diplomacy and Islam: diversified views offers the assumption of discovering a center method or universal flooring of knowing among our bodies of data conceived from assorted hemispheres of the area; particularly, diplomacy (IR), a social technology self-discipline conceived within the united kingdom and the U.S. (the West), and Islam or Islamic experiences which used to be conceived within the Arab global and built in Iran, Pakistan, Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia and plenty of non-Arab nations. The publication is split into major sections; the 1st being normal views from assorted backgrounds or instances pertaining to Islam. the second one half in particular examines Turkey, providing a variety of views at the importance of this kingdom and its democratic event. The contributions integrated during this quantity variety from discussions at the Islamic veil and its linked stereotypes to a piece of writing on Islamic feminism. different matters mentioned contain the problems of Muslim integration, Turkey's diplomacy, and Islam's dating with democracy, as well as a biographical illustration of the present Minister of overseas Affairs of Turkey, Ahmet Davutoglu, detailing his scholarship and its effect on Turkey's international coverage. This edited e-book is a part of the mission-vision of the IR-IS learn Cohort, an internet group attracted to comparative study among diplomacy and Islamic reports.
Read Online or Download Accommodating Islam into IR: The Case on ‘Nation-State’ PDF
Similar other social sciences books
- De l'impossibilite de la phenomenologie: Sur la philosophie francaise contemporaine (Problems et controverses)
- Roman onomastics in the Greek East: Social and political aspects (Μελετήματα 21)
- Perceptual Coherence: Hearing and Seeing
- Doing Quantitative Grounded Theory
- Solitude et societes contemporaines : Une sociologie clinique de l'individu et du rapport a l'autre
- Heidegger y la cuestion del Espîritu
Extra info for Accommodating Islam into IR: The Case on ‘Nation-State’
The reason why we mentioned the privilege of the Muslim society was the first form of the second article of this constitution. htm>. htm>. K. Atatürk and his companions) aimed to laicize the political structure. Because, as Dönmez mentioned (2010:29), laicism was seen not only as a political term of globalism, accordingly within the transformation from the Ottoman ‘millet’ system to the nation-state structure of the Republic, ‘laicism’ started to be institutionalized and it started from social life.
442. 34 20 Chapter One intended to create a single political party, which would serve as the only channel for political activity in the country. Abrahamian argues that the overall goal of the Resurgence Party was to “transform the somewhat old fashioned military dictatorship into a totalitarian-style one-party state” by means of mobilizing the public, monopolizing the links between the regime and the government, consolidating control over office employees, factory workers and the rural population, and the extension of state into traditional bazaars.
This particular perception has a tremendous impact on the understanding of women and veiling, as it fails to recognize that women identify with Islam as a legitimate base of political and moral values. In many cases, the voice of Muslim women who choose to cover their hair is ignored. In “Lying in Politics,” Hannah Arendt writes, “The notion of…’a tiny backward nation’ without interest to ‘civilized’ nations…which is, unhappily often shared…stands in flagrant contradiction to the very old and highly developed culture of the region.
Accommodating Islam into IR: The Case on ‘Nation-State’ by Nassef Manabilang Adiong